Sunday, April 15, 2012

Growing seeds....

It's spring time and I'm in the mood for growing my own veggies...



I bought different kind of seeds for growing my own vegetable garden on my balcony. Most of the seeds can only sprout in greenhouses because it is not warm enough yet. To grow my veggies I folded some seedling pots of old newspapers, the folding instructions can be found at:     http://www.forgreenies.com/origami-newspaper-seedling-pots and you don't need to have origami skills to succeed. I used washi tape to attach the "wings" of the seedling pots to the pot and it also looks very pretty.

I placed the pots on and old wooden board near the window on the sunny side of my house. And here are the first results...



The newspaper breaks down over time and the plants roots will grow though the newspaper so you can put the newspaper pots in a bigger pot when the plant is grown big enough.

I made some labels of wooden forks and wrote the name of the vegetables on it (it is in Dutch).



No comments:

Post a Comment